Friday, December 27, 2019

Support Your Music Habit Today

Make a donation to your local NPR station.
My mission at NPR is to change lives in positive ways.
 
Over 900 artists have played a Tiny Desk concert at my desk at NPR, and all of them can tell you how that changed their creative lives, helped put food on their tables and allowed them to connect with new fans. 
 
And if you are a fan of Tiny Desk concerts, you know how thrilling discovery can be: how much joy it can bring to find music outside your wheelhouse, or to hear artists you love stretching their creative boundaries.
 
Here at NPR Music, we’re passionate about finding talented artists and giving them a platform. That’s why All Songs Considered featured conversations this year with everyone from Radiohead’s Jonny Greenwood to Jeff Tweedy, from Nilüfer Yanya to the trio of Julien Baker, Lucy Dacus and Phoebe Bridgers known as Boygenius. It’s that same mission that powers the Tiny Desk Contest, our annual search for an undiscovered act to play behind my desk, which helped our winner, Athabaskan and Inupiaq songwriter Quinn Christopherson, share his deeply personal songs beyond his hometown of Anchorage, Alaska.

Today, I ask you to stop for a moment, think about all you get from NPR Music and support it by contributing to the NPR station in your community. Your gift of any amount will help us keep doing this work.
Donate Now
I have been a supporter of public radio since long before I came to work here and I continue to be. I’ve come to understand that a small gift gives so much in return. I hope you’ll join me by donating right now. 
 

From all of NPR Music: Thank you.

Bob Boilen, creator/host Tiny Desk Concerts, All Songs Considered
You received this message because you're subscribed to NPR Music emails. This email was sent by National Public Radio, Inc., 1111 North Capitol Street NE, Washington, DC 20002

Unsubscribe  |  Privacy Policy

No comments:

Post a Comment